Last Modified: 11.1.2022
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16. All website users must be at least 16 years of age. If we learn we have received information from a child under 16 we will delete the information. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided Personal Data to us through the Website or Services, please contact us and we will endeavor to delete the information from our database. If we learn a user is under 16 years of age, we will not disclose any personal information to any third parties unless the user has given opt-in consent. If you have reason to believe that a user is under 16 years of age, notify the Company in order to prevent disclosure of any personal data without opt-in consent.
WHEN WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU. We collect data and process data when you access our Website, fill out forms on our Website, register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey, surf the Website, or use or view our Website via your browser’s cookies.
WHAT TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU.
- Voluntary Information
- When you visit our Website or use our Services we collect certain types of information from you. This includes your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, age, sex, marital status, race, nationality, or other information you provide to us.
- Automatic Data Collection
- We also collect information automatically through cookies and other tracking technologies such as information about your internet connection, your IP address, traffic and location data, logs, and other information. The information we automatically collect helps us to improve our Website and deliver a better service.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU. The technologies we use for automatic data collection include “cookies.” Cookies are small files placed on the hard drive of your computer that enables the website or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and remember certain information. We use functionality cookies to recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. We use advertising cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our Website. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting in your browser, but if you do, you may not be able to access certain parts of our Website or Services. We also use flash cookies or web beacons for automatic data collection. You may also provide information that is public or displayed on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (“User Content”). Your User Content is transmitted to others at your own risk.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION. Processing of your information is necessary for the purpose of legitimate interests and does not infringe on any fundamental rights and freedoms. Some of those legitimate interests include: direct marketing, processing of client data, online bookings, e-commerce purchase communication, ensuring network and information security, and fraud prevention. We use your information to understand and store information about visitor’s preferences, to compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions, to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or that we think you may like, to provide you with notices about your account, to carry out billing and collection, for customer support, for marketing purposes, and in any other way we describe when you provide information to us. We do use automated decision-making in processing your personal information for some services and products. You can request a manual review of the accuracy of an automatic if you are unhappy with it. We do not sell personal information or consumer data for monetary gain or valuable consideration.
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION.
- We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
- We use your provided data to prevent fraudulent purchases by sharing your data with credit reference agencies.
- We will release information when it is appropriate to comply with the law or enforce our site policies.
- Do Not Track Policy: Our site honors Do Not Track (“DNT”) browser settings. We do track your online browsing activity on all aspects of our website.
HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT USER INFORMATION.
Company securely stores your data on secured survers. We have implemented security measures designed to protect your visit to the Website.
- All payment information is encrypted.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
- We use regular Malware Scanning.
- No transmission over the internet or email is completely secure or error free. Please keep this in mind when disclosing personal information over the internet.
- We will keep your data for 2 years. Once this time period has expired we will delete your data.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS.
- If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
- Under the CCPA, California residents have the right to opt-out of the sale of personal information about them or their household, such as their name, postal or email address, and other personal identifying information. The right is subject to certain exceptions. For example, it does not apply to information that we share with certain third-party service providers so they can perform business functions for us or on our behalf. You may opt out by calling (585) 264-9940 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
- In the preceding twelve months, we have not sold personal information. Our policy is that we do not and will not sell your personal information.
RIGHT TO OPT-OUT. You have agreed to receive marketing material from the Company and have consented to the Company disclosing your information to third parties for marketing purposes. You may opt out at any time. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us directly at email@example.com.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS.
- The Right to be Informed: This means anyone processing your personal data must make clear what they are processing, why, and who else the data may be passed to.
- The Right to Access: This is your right to see what data is held about you by a Data Controller.
- The Right to Rectification: You have the right to have your data corrected and amended if what is held is incorrect in some way. You can request that we correct any information that you believe is inaccurate or request that we complete information that you believe is incomplete.
- The Right to Erasure: Under certain circumstances you can ask for your personal data to be deleted. This is also called “The Right to be Forgotten.” This would apply if the personal data is no longer required for the purposes it was collected for, or your consent for the processing of that data has been withdrawn, or the personal data has been unlawfully processed.
- The Right to Restrict Processing: This gives the you the right to ask for a temporary halt to processing of personal data, such as in the case where a dispute or legal case has to be concluded, or the data is being corrected.
- The Right of Portability: you have the right to ask for any data supplied directly to the Data Controller by you, to be provided in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. You may request copies of your personal data from us. You may request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions. We may charge a small fee for this service or for any copies requested.
- The Right to Object: You have the right to object to further processing of your data which is inconsistent with the primary purpose for which it was collected, including profiling, automation, and direct marketing.
- Rights in Relation to Automated Decision-making and Profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
- Right Not to be Subject to Discrimination for the Exercise of Rights: The Company will not refuse goods or services to individuals who exercise their consumer rights.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (585) 264-9940.
Scott Miller Salon
3340 Monroe Ave,
Rochester, NY 14618