Scott Miller Salon Life The best thing about Scott Miller Salon? Our people.
At Scott Miller Salon we believe in helping everyone feel better than when they arrived. The synergy of our team is our secret to success. We work hard and we work together- we believe it’s the only way to grow. You can feel confident here that you’ll feel cared for, encouraged, and like someone always has your back. We are nice, passionate, and talented. We care for our guests and each other with a high level of excellence- we believe in serving people well in every situation.
We are a team of creatives who place great value on the impact we can have on people’s lives- in just one short hour with them.
Our first love in the salon is serving our clients. Our second love is fashion and working with luxury products. We serve a prestigious clientele who we make our first priority while they are with us. This means seeing our clients’ needs before they even know the need exists, solving problems quickly, and making the work of serving others look effortless.
This role is an essential element of our team. As a Blow-dry Specialist, you ensure our guests have a memorable experience during their visit and leave loving how they look. You personally contribute to how well served the guests feel. You represent Scott Miller Salon and show how much we care through your thoughts, words, and actions. In this role, you work directly with our colorists and concierge to ensure each of our guests are having a great experience at the salon. You are always thinking one step ahead of our clients and your team members. You’re serving them in a way that wow’s them and leaves them feeling well cared for and beautiful.
THIS ROLE MAY BE A FIT FOR YOU IF:
- You love this craft and feel intrinsically rewarded when you serve a guest or team member well
- You enjoy providing a luxurious shampoo experience
- You feel excited to collaborate with people who also love this craft
- You love the feeling of making someone’s day better
- You have a personal love of luxury products
- You have a current NY state license
- You like working and are available for retail hours (weekends, some holidays, and special events)
- You love the vibe of a salon where teamwork is everything- we work together, train together, and have fun together
- Enjoy a job where you are constantly on the move- we are typically standing
- You know how to manage your time and feel comfortable with constant change.
- You love to grow and are excited to attend company education
- Learn quick- every day brings new experiences, and our expectation is that they are always handled to a high standard
- Smile! Your role impacts everyone around you and your positive attitude is contagious.
- Show up in dress code and looking your best! You should love wearing current fashion and looking great.
- Place great value on having uncompromising style.
- Know and showcase your understanding of the Scott Miller vision, mission, and values through your actions in the salon.
- Work in collaboration with Scott Miller colorists to ensure that all guests receive exceptional color and blow-dry service.
- Understand and excel at performing established Scott Miller standards including all guest care protocols, prebooking, and retail assistance.
- Share and promote additional service and retail options, including gift certificates or promotions with each guest.
- Ensure the salon is “guest ready” at all times. This includes keeping your eyes open and focused on product presentation, replenishment of products, and general housekeeping (cleaning and laundry as required)
- Attend meetings as required, which may involve travel.
- Perform other duties as assigned and directed.
- Provide beverages, refreshments, and chair-side service to our guests
- Execute all salon setup, opening, and closing routines as defined
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness- including salon cleanliness checks as scheduled and sanitation per the NY state requirements
- Maintain full and accurate guest service records
- Execute all duties as assigned by your leadership. And perform other duties as assigned and directed including re-stocking home care and color inventory as needed.
WHAT IT MEANS TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM?
A scan of our brand will tell you that Scott Miller is a brand known for its talented and caring team – this is possible only because we all value growth and seek to improve daily. Working side by side or having lunch in our break room you’ll hear laughter and conversations among friends. We are nice, talented people- and we look forward to expanding our team family.